Default Font Size Icon

Grievance Process

Students can ask for an action, inaction, or a decision made by Student Access Services regarding their disability and disability accommodations to be reviewed or reconsidered.

Often, student grievances can be resolved informally by speaking with the Student Access manager. Please, reach out to Kristina Li at or 509-682-6854 with your concerns. You are not required to try to resolve your grievance informally before pursuing remedies through a supervisor, a state or federal agency.  

If you would like to submit an internal formal complaint, please contact Bertha Sanchez, Director of Counseling and Support Services at or 509.682.6856. 

Students also have the right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education and/or seek other legal remedies under state and federal law. Please, see contact information for some of the outside remedies below: 

U.S. Department of Education
Office of Civil Rights
(206) 220-7900 (voice)
(206) 203-7907 (TDD)
Washington Human Rights Commission
1-800-662-2755 (voice)
1-800-300-7525 (TDD)

WVC Bias Incident Response Team (BIRT) acts quickly and effectively in case of any hate crimes or bias incidents on our campus. A Bias Incident is characterized as a behavior or act—verbal, written or physical—which is personally directed against or targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics such as race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, or age. You can report a Bias Incident or Hate Crime here, or by emailing