Default Font Size Icon

CAMP Eligibility Requirements

WVC CAMP studentsYou must meet the following criteria:
  1. Be in the first year of college undergraduate studies (Freshman status or less than 20 college-level credits)
  2. Migrant or seasonal farmworker background*
    • OR have participated in the Migrant Education Program (MEP) at any time in K-12
    • OR have participated in or High School Equivalency Program (HEP)
    • OR have participated in the Department of Labor National Farmworker Program (WIA Section 167)
  3. Have a high school diploma or GED certificate
  4. Completed FAFSA with EFC (Expected Family Contribution) or WVC financial award letter 
  5. Enroll in at least 15 credits each quarter (full-time status)
  6. U.S. citizen or legal resident

*Either the student or an immediate family member must have worked as a migrant/seasonal farmworker for at least 75 days during the last two years. This includes any activity directly related to the production of crops, dairy products, poultry, livestock, tree cultivation (including nursery and forestry work), or fish farm work.


A migrant farmworker is someone whose job requires travel which keeps him or her from returning to a permanent home the same day.

A seasonal farmworker is someone who has been employed in farmwork for at least 75 days in the last two years, including seasonal work

 *CAMP is 100% funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Migrant Education: