WEX Fuel Cards (Wcards)
WEX fuel cards may be used to purchase the following:
- Regular unleaded fuel (unless the car requires a higher octane)
- Diesel fuel (plus any additives)
- Emergency service
- Necessary vehicle accessories such as windshield wiper blades
- Car Wash (if approved by facilities)
Misuse of a gas credit card includes, but is not limited to the purchase of:
- Food or drinks
- Transactions coded as miscellaneous
- Full service
- Premium or Super unleaded fuel
- Fuel additives
Fleet Services will charge departments for misuse of credit cards. Drivers are responsible for repayment of these costs to the department.
WEX fuel cards are assigned to specific vehicles; do not use the card to fuel any other vehicles or to fill gas cans. Copies of all transaction receipts for WEX fuel cards including oil, repair and car wash should be dropped off with the fleet paperwork and keys to Facilities.
If you are unable to use the WEX fuel card and must use personal means to pay for a fuel transaction, you may be reimbursed from Accounts Payable. Save all receipts and bring them to the Accounts Payable Office (with a completed expense report), located in Wenatchi Hall.
How to use WEX Fuel Cards
- Slide the WEX fuel card just as you would any other credit card.
- Enter your six-digit Driver ID number. This is the first five digits of the vehicle license plate number plus “0”. For example, if your license plate is 12345E, your Driver ID number is 123450.
- When prompted, enter the current vehicle mileage (not the trip meter reading).
- Fuel the vehicle.
All fuel receipts for WEX fuel card purchases must be submitted to Accounts Payable, as soon as possible.
Problems with your card? Contact the WEX customer service center 24/7 at 1-800-492-0669. Contact email@example.com for questions on how to obtain a WEX card.